VoIP Integration extension allows EspoCRM to integrate with an Asterisk server through Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI), Twilio service and Starface server. For more details about the features, please click here.
Note: Twilio Integration works with call forwarding only.
An incoming call from a Twilio number is forwarded to the user’s primary phone number. For outgoing calls EspoCRM creates a connection between the user’s primary phone number and the number called through Twilio service. For more details about how you will be charged for these calls, click here: https://www.twilio.com/…/how-much-am-i-charged-for-call-forwarding
How to configure Twilio Integration for an administrator
1. Fill in the connection details of your Twilio account. To do this, go to the Administration (System panel) -> VoIP » Twilio.
- Name – name of your connection.
- Your Account SID – your Twilio account SID. You can get it at https://www.twilio.com/user/account.
- Your Auth Token – your Twilio Auth Token. You can get it at https://www.twilio.com/user/account.
- Record Calls – an option to enable/disable recording of incoming/outgoing calls.
- Dial Timeout – the number of seconds that Twilio will allow the phone to ring before assuming there is no answer.
- Agent Ringing Timeout – the waiting limit in seconds to answer the call by the agent, e.g. for an incoming call each agent will get a ringing duration of 20 seconds.
- Assign a Preferred User – assign a preferred user for incoming calls, sms/mms, e.g. for an incoming call, if the caller is found in EspoCRM, then Twilio will forward the call to the assigned user instead of the routing user list.
- Access Key to EspoCRM – an access key of EspoCRM to post data from Twilio.
- Default Country – the country is used to format phone numbers.
- Dial Format for outgoing calls – a phone number format for outgoing (click-to-call) calls.
- List of ignored numbers – list of numbers which will be ignored. Popup window will not be displayed.
- Permitted Entities – entities that will be displayed in the popup window and will be used to identify a caller by his phone number.
- Display Accounts related to Contacts – display only Accounts related to Contacts.
- Automatically open the caller information – automatically open the caller information for incoming/outgoing calls.
- Quick Create Entities – entities which can be created through the call popup window.
How to configure routing of Twilio phone numbers
After you have successfully filled in the connection details, EspoCRM will import all active Twilio phone numbers (please wait a few minutes the first time). To configure Twilio phone number routing, please go to Administration > VoIP Routing and select the phone number.
- Assigned Team – a list of responsible users for the line.
- Status – an option to enable/disable the phone number in EspoCRM (in Twilio it will stay active).
- For SMS – default assignment for SMS, only if the sender is not found in EspoCRM.
- For MMS – default assignment for MMS, only if the sender is not found in EspoCRM.
- For Missed Call – a team member who will receive voicemail messages.
- Voicemail Greeting Audio – .mp3 or .wav voicemail greeting file.
- Voicemail Greeting Text – a voicemail greeting message. Note: the “Voicemail Greeting Audio” has higher priority.
- Team Users – a list of users to configure receiving incoming/outgoing calls, SMS and MMS.
How to setup Twilio Integration for users
Each user have to add his phone number which will be used to handle incoming calls. It can be added in the User’s Profile.
All other configuration settings should be made by your administrator. The user can change some VoIP settings in their User’s Profile, under “VoIP Settings”.
- VoIP Server – your current VoIP server.
- Your user extension – Twilio phone number configured by the administrator .
- Display call notifications – an option to enable/disable incoming/outgoing call notifications.
- Silent notifications – mute notification sound.
- Use internal click-to-call – an option to enable/disable the internal click-to-call feature. It is a feature to make outgoing calls through Twilio. If the checkbox is unchecked, then an external application will handle “tel:” links.
More Twilio settings for users
Each user can set “Do Not Disturb” mode for incoming lines. To do it, please go to the home page (click on a logo) and add a “VoIP Settings” dashlet (“+” button).