« Back to List
Entity Manager is available in Administration panel. It provides an ability to highly customize your EspoCRM instance. You are able to do the following:
- Add new types of entities.
- Customize existing types of entities: change labels, default order in list view, enable or disable stream.
- Configure fields: add new, customize existing ones.
- Configure relationships: add new, change labels of existing ones.
In this article:
Creating new entity type
Create Entity button on Entity Manager page. Specify name, labels and type. If you select
Person type, your entity will have Email, Phone, First Name, Last Name and Salutation fields. Check
Stream if you want your entity to have stream panel and users to be able to Follow entities of this type.
- Base - empty entity only with basic fields like Name, Assigned User, Teams, Description.
- Base Plus - like Base but with Activities, History, Tasks panels.
- Event - Date Start, Date End, Duration, Parent, Status fields. Available in Calendar and Activities panel (must be enabled at Administration > Settings).
- Person - Email, Phone, First Name, Last Name, Salutation, Address fields. Activities, History, Tasks panels.
- Company - Email, Phone, Billing Address, Shipping Address fields. Activities, History, Tasks panels.
Entity type parameters
If you click
Edit link on a certain entity you will be able to change some parameters of that entity.
- Labels - singular and plural name of the entity.
- Default order records are sorted by in list views.
- Stream - whether Stream feature is enabled for this entity.
- Disabled - check if you don't need this entity in your system.
- Text Filter Fields - what fields to search in for the main text filter and global search.
- Kanban view - available only if Status Field is specified. Enables Kanban view mode.
- Color - a specific color for a quick recognition.
- Icon - the picked icon is displayed in the side navbar in Vertical theme.
- Disable record count - total number won't be displayed on the list view; can decrease loading time when the DB table is big.
Fields link you will be moved to a separate page. There you will be able to create new fields or update existing ones.
More detail abour fields.
Note: After you have added the new field you need to put this field on layouts (Administration > Layout Manager).
You can create new relationships between both out-of-box and custom entities. There are 3 available relationship types:
- One-to-Many: after you have created this relationship you can put a link field to the detail layout of the right entity and add relationship panel to the left entity;
- Many-to-One: the same as One-to-Many but vice versa;
- Many-to-Many: relationship panels on both sides.
- One-to-One (Left & Right) (since 5.8.0).
Parameter 'Link Multiple Field' implies that the field of
linkMultiple type will be created along with relationship. You can put such a field on the layout. It's convenient for quick picking of related records. It's not a good option if your relationship is intended to have a lot of linked records that can slow down loading of detail view screen.
If parameter 'Audited' is checked then updates of the relationship will be logged in Stream.